Disclamer : Do not try any of this at home without proper SuperVision..
This Blog contains the rants and raves
of a married couple with child.. they are not YOUR typical parents...

Friday, September 24, 2010

Baby scratch basics

About 2 years ago I decided to start spinning records again.. Mainly at home with never any thought of doing any gigs again... I used to spin weekly in manhattan a million years ago. I play records for about an hour a day at home for my wife and now for the past year with Melo on my lap. She stays perfectly still hypnotized by the two simultaneous spinning vinyl while I attempt to mix. She regularly requests that I play "mucics" with the "circles" and has grown a love for old school house music. I would play Hip-hop and she would get frustrated and point towards a stack of records and yell "no,  dance!" Even when I was at work she would drag Michelle into our studio and grab a record, point up to the turn tables and yell "MUCICS! circle circle MUCICS!" Recently she has even mastered the art of the baby scratch.. No seriously, she will sit on my lap and gently scratch any record without making the needle skip.. She has an understanding that the needle and the mixer have to be in certain positions in order to scratch... she even slaps the fader back and forth while the records are playing between the 2 channels. Here I go typing like a proud father.. video proof to come soon..
-vaz

No comments:

Post a Comment