Disclamer : Do not try any of this at home without proper SuperVision..
This Blog contains the rants and raves
of a married couple with child.. they are not YOUR typical parents...

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

it was a set up

I'm notoriously late. it's not a good look. It will take eons of being early to live down this rep and in my family I would still probably never live it down...

My mom set me up yesterday. For what purpose? I don't know. To have something to be annoyed about? It's lunacy.

here's the story.

Yesterday my little sister texted me in the AM.

her: mom has a doctor's apt. at 3 but I'm in school can you take her?
me: yeah sure
her: she's been having coughing attacks. god forbid something happens while she's driving.
me: yeah ok no problem
her: pick her up at 2:30

She lives 7 miles away from me. Around 2 I start getting ready. Pack up melo's diaper bag, change her, bundle her up, bundle myself, up get in the car, drive over to my mom's. It's about 2:20 when I leave. She lives 7 miles away.

I'm on the highway about to get off at her exit, which is 4 blocks from her house when I get a text from my sister. It is now 2:28.

her: mom left. She said she can't wait for you.
me: What?! it's not even 2:30.
her: she left.
me: whatever.

So, I call my mom. It's now 2:29.
"Mom! What's going on? Julia told me to get you at 2:30. It's not 2:30 yet and you left?! I'm in the car less than a minute from you"
"Well, I didn't want to be late and I left already, so just turn around and go back home"

I hung up.

On the ride home I realized she must have left HER house at about 2:20. She then called my sister to tell her she left and then my sister texted me and I got that text at like 2:28... that all takes time. Why ask me to get her at 2:30 and then leave BEFORE 2:30.

If I had been even 3 minutes late, I would understand the leaving and then later the anger and frustration (due to my rep)... but she left before 2:30 and I called her on it.

It was a set up but it backfired, or did it? Now I'm the one annoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment